Monday, September 27, 2010

Kristin Chenoweth, Jay Sean and Soulja Boy Open Up On 'When I Was 17'

The stars remember pom poms, unibrows and the VMAs in the latest episode.By Mawuse Ziegbe





Kristin Chenoweth

Photo: MTV News




Jay Sean has ruled the U.S. and the U.K. charts with super-smooth hits like "Down" and "Do You Remember." But back in the day, he was a scruffy teen with a look that would probably scare away many of his current fans.

"When I was 17, I thought I was the sh--, even though, I clearly wasn't," he said on the latest episode of "When I Was 17," which also featured Soulja Boy Tell'em and Tony Award-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth. "I looked very different. You could barely see my face because it was covered in hair."
And to hear Jay tell it, his hairy situation was almost out of control.
"My hair was long; I could tie a knot under my chin if I wanted," Jay said. "I had a huge beard. And I had a unibrow. Eyebrows would connect with the hair, which would connect with the beard."
But many teens put together extreme looks in high school. Kristin Chenoweth worked a style that could have landed her a place in the '80s pop girl group the Go-Go's. "When I was 17, I looked like Belinda Carlisle," the former cheerleader said. "I had her exact haircut. I wore big earrings. I wore a lace bow in my hair tied to the side at all times."
Chenoweth may have been kind of obsessed with one of the biggest pop stars of her day, but Soulja Boy kind of was one of the biggest pop stars out when he was 17. In fact, the rapper, who became an online and chart sensation with the smash "Crank That," got to attend the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas as the guest of Kanye West.
"We were up in this huge super-suite with alcohol, everything," he recalled. "There were girls, all of that. But, they were telling me, since I was 17, I couldn't go to certain areas of the suite. I had to stay locked off in one part of the suite until the show. So I stayed in this one little room. But it was fresh, though, because they laid it out: They had video games and snacks."
"When I Was 17" airs Saturdays at 11 a.m. on MTV



Related Videos


When I Was 17 | Ep. 20 | Kristin Chenoweth, Jay Sean, Soulja Boy


Related Photos


When I Was 17 | Soulja Boy


When I Was 17 | Jay Sean


When I Was 17 | Kristin Chenoweth


When I Was 17 | Ep.20 | Celebrity Photo Flashback

Roselyn Sanchez Rozonda Thomas Saira Mohan Salma Hayek

No comments:

Post a Comment